Active Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
3/4 cup pearled farro, rinsed
8 oz. fresh green beans, trimmed
1 lb. peeled and deveined medium shrimp
3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1/3 cup olive oil
12 oz. cherry tomatoes, halved
1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (from 3 ears)
1/2 cup chopped cornichons
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper, plus more for serving(optional)
1/2 tsp. kosher salt, plus more for boiling
4 oz. watercress, coarsely chopped (4 cups)
1 cup torn fresh basil
1/2 cup crispy fried onions (such as French's)
- Bring 4 cups lightly salted water to a boil in a large pot. Add farro and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until farro is just tender, 25 to 30 minutes; drain. Spread farro ona rimmed baking sheet and let cool.
- Bring a medium pot of generously salted water to a boil. add beans and cook until teneder, about 4 minutes. Transfer beans to a colander using tongs or a slotted spoon, reserving water in pot. Rinse beans with cold water and pat dry. Cut each in half.
- Return water in pot to a boil. Add shrimp; reduce heat to medium and simmer until shrimp are just pink, about 2 minutes. Drain and let stand until slightly cool, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Whisk vinegar, miso, and mustard in a medium bowl. Whisk in oil.
- Place tomatoes, corn, cornichons, farro, beans, and shrimp in a large bowl. Add crushed red pepper, salt, and miso mixture; toss to combine. Gently stir in watercress and basil. Transfer to a platteror plates. Top with fried onions; serve with more crushed red pepper, if desired.